Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

I used to hate Valentines day. It was the day that the popular kids received really cool cards, the ones with candy attached. I got the only okay ones. The cheer leaders would wander the halls with boquets of flowers. I got the same okay kiddie cards from nerds who weren't too proud to give them away. I would sit in my cube while boquet after boquet would arrive for my co-workers, but not one for me. If ex was guilted by a friend, he'd stop by Kroger on the way home and choose from the picked over cards and flowers...not a thought out gift. But today is different. I came home and found this in the mail. One of the joys of my life told me he loved me! I remember the first time Jack spontaneously uttered those words. My heart burst with joy! This is the reward. I am finally one of the popular kids.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!

    My brother and sister in law got a date night and I got THREE Valentines in my niece and nephews ;)

    ReplyDelete