Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Where I've Been

I've been to the vein doctor. The first thing you have to understand is that it is a very bad thing to voluntarily visit a new doctor if you already have multiple chronic diseases. I should have known better but the thought of getting my ugly spider veins taken care of before they became really ugly varicose veins was compelling. So now I have a new diagnosis and a third cardiologists. Turns out that there was nothing wrong with my veins but I do have some blockages in my arteries. I was exhorted to eat a low fat diet and do some specific exercises. I had to work hard to keep from rolling my eyes. I decided that if I said anything that the nurse would roll her eyes. I knew that I'd see Dr. R before the tests to determine the extent of my disease.  I did and thank goodness the blood work came back perfect. I will take a copy of it to along with a copy of the diet Dr. B has me on. She will probably roll her eyes, but at least I won't look like a fanatical idiot when I tell that l'm already doing what I need to do. It just disturbed me that they jumped to the conclusion that my lipids were uncontrolled without seeing any blood work.

On this emotional side of all this I am bummed but not completely surprised by it. I control my health issues better than most people but they just keep coming at me. Oh well, what's one more horse in the corral?

No comments:

Post a Comment