Friday, July 31, 2026

Another Month Down

The end of July is here and my mood has gotten better thinking that soon summer will be over and the cooler weather of autumn will be with us. But of course, my mind still has PNW expectations. I am sure to be disappointed as summer in the south drags her heels into the dog days in September and refuses to leave until well into October. 

Now that I am an old lady and summer vacation from school no longer applies to me, I like fall much better than summer. I'm already looking forward to the leaves changing colors and the fall festivals. I might even buy myself a pumpkin or two to decorate my area of the porch.

I braced myself for a bout of depression after the wedding that has not materialized. I'm not counting that out quite yet. My kids have been active on our family chat, sending pictures of dogs and gardens and even pictures from the wedding. That has done a lot to buoy my mood. 

I'm not really impressed with the wedding pictures so far, but they aren't the ones from the photographer. Mainly from people standing behind her taking phone photos of  the poses she set up. I'm sure her pictures will be better. To be honest, I was quite shocked that people were doing that. I thought that it was quite rude as she is paid to take the pictures. They were pretty bold about it, not even trying to disguise the fact that they were doing it.  Maybe wedding etiquette has changed and I didn't get the memo. Anyway, here is one of the pictures that I have worked on a bit with an editor. 


3 comments:

  1. Who knows what "proper etiquette" is for ANYTHING these days, hahahahahaha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a whole thing about putting away your phone when you arrive for the wedding. It *is* rude to be taking photos while the photographer is doing it. Apparently some bridal parties/consultants hire someone just to keep that from happening. People to run interference, basically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago I had that happen while doing a wedding and it stopped me from ever doing any weddings again. The people were so rude.

    ReplyDelete