Saturday, October 10, 2026

Dodged

Isaias came aground near Destin, then headed up through central Alabama. As expected, we were just to the east of the majority of the storm. We had a lot of wind, and I'm sure when the sun comes up, we will all be out looking at the damage. I would be shocked if there aren't downed trees. I will be more shocked if there is not a lot of damage to the facade to the apartments. It was already in bad shape. 

I brought the caladium inside. I had not appreciated how big it had grown over the summer. I made sure that I had flashlights, batteries, candles, cooked food that could be eaten cold and candles enough to last a few days if the storm was worse than it actually was. I am glad that I did not need the things that I prepared. 

The electricity flickered a few times, not enough to affect the internet router. And it went out for about 10 seconds. As far as I know, the water has not been affected. It is still raining. There is minor flooding, but not enough to reach the doors to the apartments. 

The storm is like so many of the hurricanes that come through here, a bad storm, but not much real damage. Still, it doesn't hurt to be prepared. 
 

4 comments: