Actually, the town I live in is just a hair to the left of the cone, and a couple hundred miles away from the coast. Hurricanes blow through here, quite regularly. And until Helene hit Asheville, I would say that being inland protects us from the worst of it. Now I'm giving that thing the side eye. I will bake a couple of loaves of bread, boil some eggs, have the water pitchers filled, bring my plant in off the porch, If it looks like it will move to the east a bit, I might fill the bath tub with water. I will probably sleep in the back bedroom, as it is a safe spot in the apartment from tornados. My neighbors have all been hitting the grocery stores. They say that Walmart is an insane asylum.
Today is beautiful. I got out and walked for a long time. The fall colors have not started here yet, but it won't be long. Tomorrow will be as nice as today, but the weekend will be interesting;I have tickets to see "Imagine a Dragon" at the community theater tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to it, as I enjoyed "Spitfire Grille" done by the adult theater of the same company. I don't think I should have any worries that I will be walking in the rain to get there. Nothing is supposed to start happening until the next evening.
The storm should herald the final change into fall. The temperatures have been much cooler, bearable, but still above average. The storm will push them down into seasonal norms.
I might walk into town tomorrow and buy a pumpkin.


Fingers crossed the whole thing will spin away from your area.
ReplyDeleteHave fun pumpkin shopping and going to the play tomorrow! I hope the storm proves not to be too severe. Our forecast for here in Edmonton this weekend is snow, dammit.
ReplyDeleteHope the storm isn't too bad1
ReplyDelete