We were supposed to have a meeting to discuss the developments that have taken place concerning the purchase of the apartments and the upcoming demolition. But the meeting was called off at the last minute. Supposedly it was to allow the speakers more time to prepare. That reason sounds a bit like "my dog ate the speakers homework" to me. With no meeting to attend, I decided it was a good time to get my laundry done. While I was in the laundry room I met a couple of my neighbors that I haven't met before. Adrian is a teacher at the middle school and Bill works on a construction crew. They told me that a lot of my neighbors are not very aware of the plans for our homes, and many of the ones that are aware don't believe that it will happen. Bill and Adrian only knew of the rumors that have been flying around Facebook regarding it. I told them of the postponed meeting and invited them to the new meeting giving them the time and place. Then Bill said maybe we will get those $5000 checks before everyone has to move. Without thinking I said I was expecting mine to show up about the same time the DOGE and tariff checks arrive. The look on Bills face told me how thoughtless my comment was. He really is expecting that check. When you lack what is necessary to deal with the reality of a situation, delusion offers a strange comfort. Am I that bitch who stomps on peoples fingers as they are clinging to the side of a cliff? I fear for my neighbors.The next day we (the tenants of the apartments) received an email from the property management company reminding us that we were still bound by the lease agreement. If we chose to leave before our leases expire we would still be liable for the rent due and lose our deposits. Damn! They are all in it for themselves. Not only are they willing to make 200 or more people homeless, they don't want those people to leave until it suits their purposes. Their greed exceeds all of the needs of the people who live here.
It isn't good new for me. I have found the apartment that I want. The more I research it, the more convinced that I want to be living in that apartment. I will be royally pissed if I miss out on that apartment due to the greed of the owners of the apartments that I currently live in. I wonder if the new apartment leasing agent will allow me to put a deposit down on it this early. My lease doesn't expire for four months. One to two months are the expected time to hold apartments. I suppose I could ask if they'd be willing to hold an apartment that long. The worst is that they could say no and I am no better or worse off than I am now.
If Blogger was the only app or website that was acting up, that would be enough. But I needed to pay my bills and a few of those apps were having problems. I like to have my bills paid by the first of the month. But here it is the middle of the month and I was still having problems getting into the app to pay on. I knew the due date was near so I called the service number to get help. They strongly wanted me to pay the bill online or go into a brick and mortar store to pay it. But after I explained to three different people that the app was down and the nearest store is in another state they finally agreed to allow me to pay it over the phone. I kept thinking, "geez, do you want the money or not?" Paying a bill should not be made that difficult.
So that's it, all my whines while the reading list is down and not many people are around to be bothered by them. I try to distract myself by binge watching Survivor. But that makes me uneasy. I wonder if it isn't a statement of how low civilization has gone.





I am always asking for cheese to go with my whine. I guess I must whine a lot! I agree with a lot of your frustrations, starting with blogger. I don't want to set up a new system. I want the existing blog roll to work like it has for decades. Grrr. Today I went to Walmart and what I wanted wasn't on the shelf. But somehow I could order it standing in the store and come back in an hour and pick it up in the parking lot. What? Why? I don't want to make two trips. It is almost funny to think people believe they are getting checks. Except for the fact these people are allowed to vote. I work for a charity and clients were all excited they wouldn't have to pay taxes on tips. Our clients make so little they don't pay taxes . . .
ReplyDeleteI would definitely call the new apartment manager. Hopefully they would hold an apartment for you or maybe even have another resident moving on in four months. Fingers crossed!
It sounds like you have some valid issues, but I suspect the heat is making everything else worse. I know it is for me.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the rental uncertainty you're enduring at the moment. It never rains but it pours, eh? Good luck with the situation!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, isn't Blogger BEYOND frustrating at the moment? I'm home now from my recent little jaunt and back to daily blogging today. I'm letting everyone know because the Blogger Feeds aren't working, of course.
And you know, you can NEVER have TOO MANY cat pictures on a blog post.
What a stressful stretch, between the uncertain moving plans and the heat that just won't let up! I really hope you're able to secure that new apartment, it sounds like you've set your heart on it. Also, hang in there with the phlebitis, that kind of lingering pain is truly exhausting. Hopefully the coming weeks bring a bit more calm on all fronts!
ReplyDeleteGreetz from Sicily!
https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com
You’ve earned every right to vent, Lisa—especially with landlords threatening your deposit while planning to tear the building down around you! Definitely ask that new place if they can hold the apartment; it never hurts to ask. Hope that arm heals up quickly and the autumn breezes finally reach you soon. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete