I talked with the property manager to try to find out some information that might inform my relocating decision. I was told that there isn't an active contract on the property. There was only a possibility for a sale. but the property needed to be rezoned before that could happen. Since the rezoning happened, there hasn't been an offer made on the property. As of now the property owner is requiring that the lease agreements be respected. New leases are being granted and lease extensions will go forward with an addendum saying that the lease will be void in the event of a sell with 60 days written notice. But since that conversation surveyors have been on the property. In the mean time several of my neighbors have found apartments elsewhere only to find out that they are being held to the terms of their existing leases. If they choose to leave early, they are still responsible for the rent that is due. I have found a few acceptable apartments in the area that I would like to live in. The one that I really would like has been listed for a year, and the others have been uninhabited for quite a while. I feel I can safely wait to make any decisions. I have started to look into moving companies and I am disgusted. They are all such scams and no matter which one I use it's going to be a whole lot of money I shouldn't have to spend. Frustrating.
And to add to my growing lack of well-being and speaking of money that I shouldn't have to spend, I have developed phlebitis in my right arm. It is in a surface vein, as opposed to a deep one, which would be worse. But I've just blown through my savings and have been sent home with a lot of blood thinners which increases my fatigue factor by many times. So I'm sitting here with a bowl full of rainbow sherbet while I'm waiting for my dinner to cook. Nothing like having desert before dinner.


No comments:
Post a Comment