I talked with the property manager to try to find out some information that might inform my relocating decision. I was told that there isn't an active contract on the property. There was only a possibility for a sale. but the property needed to be rezoned before that could happen. Since the rezoning happened, there hasn't been an offer made on the property. As of now the property owner is requiring that the lease agreements be respected. New leases are being granted and lease extensions will go forward with an addendum saying that the lease will be void in the event of a sell with 60 days written notice. But since that conversation surveyors have been on the property. In the mean time several of my neighbors have found apartments elsewhere only to find out that they are being held to the terms of their existing leases. If they choose to leave early, they are still responsible for the rent that is due. I have found a few acceptable apartments in the area that I would like to live in. The one that I really would like has been listed for a year, and the others have been uninhabited for quite a while. I feel I can safely wait to make any decisions. I have started to look into moving companies and I am disgusted. They are all such scams and no matter which one I use it's going to be a whole lot of money I shouldn't have to spend. Frustrating.
And to add to my growing lack of well-being and speaking of money that I shouldn't have to spend, I have developed phlebitis in my right arm. It is in a surface vein, as opposed to a deep one, which would be worse. But I've just blown through my savings and have been sent home with a lot of blood thinners which increases my fatigue factor by many times. So I'm sitting here with a bowl full of rainbow sherbet while I'm waiting for my dinner to cook. Nothing like having desert before dinner.


I think you deserve dessert before dinner. I wouldn't blame you if you had dessert FOR dinner.
ReplyDeleteI think the worst part is the not knowing. If you knew the facts and the future, you could make an informed decision. Now you are in limbo, plans are in limbo, what is going to actually happen is in limbo - that's no good. I wish you luck with movers. Around here a lot of people use 2 men and a truck. My son got lucky and heard of someone word of mouth. It is an older man (like late 70's-early 80's) who has a truck. His family has a construction business. You can hire him for Saturdays to move with the truck and his workers can sign up for extra hours loading, unloading and moving in on Saturdays. You contract for a certain number of hours and when the time is up they are done. Luckily most made it in the house and the rest made it to the garage. But it was much cheaper than a regular moving company.
Your situation sounds like it is in limbo with no real time line for you to have. When your lease is up, then a move could be in order.
ReplyDeleteHot humid day? Ice cream, the perfect meal.
I've read enough of your posts to know that life is not going great right now. Rainbow sherbet is a guaranteed way to make things (temporarily) better.
ReplyDeleteIt really stinks when you don't know what's next. Might not be able to change outcomes or whatever, but I always feel so off balance when I don't know what's coming up. Dessert is good almost any time. Sending you hugs, I hope things are more... linear, soon.
ReplyDelete