Saturday, September 19, 2026

Updating

 And just like that, the reading lists are back. It's good to have that feature again. Hopefully this will be an end of the Blogger woes for a while. 

I have not done much over the last few days but baby my arm. The clinic told me that it would take 2-6 weeks for the phlebitis to clear, and I heard 2 weeks. By the end of the first week, I was more than ready to have this over with. Now, 2 weeks into it, my arm is much better. The swelling is gone. Mostly the pain is gone, though it is still tender to the touch. The veins are still hard and ropey, and I'm not sure that will ever change. I might just have to live with it. But as long as the pain and swelling, and minor danger is gone, I will call that a win.

Today has been hot, though not as humid as it has been for the past few months. It really does make a difference. It used to annoy me when I lived in Oklahoma and people would point out that the 100+ degree heat was okay because it was a dry heat. I would point out that a blow dryer was a dry heat. Now I'm having to admit that there is a difference. I am being told that we will begin to cool down after tomorrow and that by a week from Sunday the highs will only be in the 70's. There is hope that the heat dome might finally be moving off to sea. That will be so welcome.

I contacted the property managers at the apartments that I hope to live in soon. They are eager to have me tour and apply for it. This is so different that the response that I got last year when I wanted to move in here. I actually rented this place sight unseen, no pictures, not even a floor plan. Tim and I age going to see it on Tuesday. I will make appointments to see a couple of other places too, just to cover my bases. But just for the location alone, this is the one apartment that I hope to get. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

There is a big part of me that wonders why I am wasting the gas to go see the place, especially now that gas is so expensive. I moved in here sight unseen, how bad can it be, right? At least with this place I have a few pictures taken of corners and shower stalls. But a more logical part of me takes over and says that the picture of the kitchen was as unrevealing as it could possibly have been and still been identifiable as the kitchen. And they weren't forthcoming with me when I asked about square footage or the placement of the washer/dryer hook-ups. I do need to make sure my furniture will fit in this space. Not that my furniture is over-large or that I have an over abundance of it. 

Right now, I just kind of feel like the picture at the top, just trying to find a crack in the sidewalk that I can thrive in.





 

3 comments:

  1. I guess it isn't a waste of gasoline if you see it and like it or....see it and know it is not for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never rent a place sight unseen. Unless I was, like, a refugee fleeing violence and desperate to have a safe place somewhere, anywhere, else. Short of that, NO. I hope you like the place on inspection and move there if that's what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your favorite lives up to your expectations. If not, you'll know to keep looking.

    ReplyDelete