Monday, August 17, 2026

Hell is Burning

Another post complaining about the heat. But there is not much else going on. My air conditioner got turned up another notch to try to conserve my income while keeping my apartment livable. I am really appreciating my decision to purchase and hang thermal blackout curtains for the windows. It only takes pushing them open a hair to immediately feel the difference that they make.

The forecast had originally had a cool off starting on Friday. That has now dissipated, and we are expecting temperatures near 100 degrees with high humidity through the end of the month. I wish I could promise that I won't be bitching about the heat until then. 

I have decided that I will spring for an Uber on my birthday and  take myself somewhere that I can get out of my apartment for a few hours. I thought about going to a movie, but I can't find one that I really want to see. The only event that I'm really interested in is the Storytellers Festival in Tuskegee. But it is an outdoor event.   Maybe I will take the shuttle into Atlanta and go to the Aquarium and the Coca Cola museum. That will be a really expensive date though. Maybe I should just find a place where I can paint some pottery or something. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment