It made me cry. But I didn't want to tell her that I was feeling sorry for myself, so I just told her I was eating a cheeseburger and tater-tots while watching Survivor. She had no answer for that.
Apparently watching people starve on television makes me hungry. The women in the group kept talking about chocolate...And of course, a lot of the focus of the show is food, or the lack thereof. So I kept thinking about the box of brownies that I have in the cupboard. I really don't need to bake them because in a few days I'm going to order myself a birthday cake, and that made me sad because I really don't have anyone here to share a pan of brownies or a birthday cake with. And being sad and hearing people talk about the chocolate they want to be eating kept me thinking about the brownies... until I made them...
I put some chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and pecans in them. They are really good. And I'm still watching Survivor...


I'm glad you went to the theatre and enjoyed it. Your opinion of it is the only one that matters! It can be hard going out to things by ourselves, but it's much better to do that than to self-isolate at home.
ReplyDeleteSome folks are too critical, like that harsh Critic at the Theater, when the performance was really good. It is hard to please some folks and they tend to be so Negative. I like being around Positive Energy folks since it is uplifting to us to have that kind of exposure, especially when we're struggling Emotionally. Loneliness is a terrible Space to Hold, so a big Hug. I Hope for your Birthday you get pleasantly Surprised that you won't be spending it Alone. Even tho' I have a 3 Generation Household here, most of my Friends have Moved Away or Passed Away now so I too often have my own pity Party every once in a while when I'm doing something by myself that would just be better Shared, so I completely understand. I do like my Solitary time, yet, having a Friend to do things with is something I truly do miss sometimes too. As we get Older it gets harder to find New people to become that close to and invite into our Inner Circle.
ReplyDeleteI think your local performance sounds wonderful. I am sorry you were seating by a spoil sport. I have a huge family and I am the one who makes a big deal about celebrations. But somehow no one is in tuned with me. I turn 70 next month. This is a big deal to me. You might think the fact that my entire family forgot my 60th birthday - might trigger a memory but no. I have not decided what I am doing to celebrate this year but I have learned that I have to create my own celebration. (this is my pity party).
ReplyDeleteFor my 60th (a few days after the non acknowledgement that I had a birthday) I gathered up my five month old granddaughter that I cared for and went shopping. We went to a fancy bakery in another town where I bought very expensive cupcakes, we went to a chocolatier where I bought specialty chocolates, we went to a seafood store where I bought seafood and a deli for some readymade salads. I set my fancy table and decorated the high chair and she enjoyed jarred baby food while I had a great meal and treats. I even took pictures and made myself a shutterfly book of my party for one.
And I guess I am going to do the same thing to welcome this decade. Too bad we don't live closer!